Homework and Reading Records
Each child is given a homework and reading record at the beginning of the year. This has proved over time to be an invaluable aid to the child and to home/ school links.
- Cares for the diary
- Ensures that homework assignments are appropriately recorded
- Obtains signatures from parent and teacher
- Ensures that the diary is brought from home to school and back again.
- Check the diary and sign weekly
- Support the child with their homework and their reading
- Use the diary to send messages to the teacher.
- Sign the diary weekly
- Use the diary to communicate with parents
- Build up a picture of a child’s reading habits.
If the homework and reading record is lost, we ask for a voluntary contribution of £3.00 to cover the cost of replacement.
The Homework and Reading Record enables a child’s weekly homework and reading to be viewed side by side. Children are required to read regularly as part of their homework - ideally with an adult - and parents and teachers review and sign the reading record pages of the homework diary on a weekly basis.